Part 1 Conversation
Listen to the conversation with the following Questions.
1. Who escorts the guest to her room?
2. Can she use the wireless network in her room?
3. How many devices can the guest use at the same time?
B: This way, please. We’ll take the elevator over there.
G: All right. By the way, what kind of restaurants do you have?
B: We have five restaurants, three Chinese, one Italian and one Japanese. Plus a bar and a 24-hour coffee shop. Here’s the elevator. After you, ma’am.
(Inside the room)
G: Oh, what a nice room. It’s so cozy.
B: Thank you, ma’am. All the rooms facing north have a lovely garden view.
G: That’s wonderful.
B: This is our hotel brochure. It provides information regarding our hotel and services.
G: Looks helpful. Is there any wireless network available in my room?
B: Yes, ma’am. Our secure network is called “Friendship Hotel”. Your room number and last name are required for authorization. However, only three devices are allowed to be connected simultaneously
G: I got it, thanks.
B: If you need any further help, please let us know.
Part 2 Exercises
1. What might a bellboy say when escorting guests to rooms?
3. Let me show you to your room.
4. Please take the elevator on your right. After you, sir.
5. May I put your luggage here?
2. You’ll hear three conversations. Listen carefully and try to understand what the guests want to know. Match the services with the locations and service hours.